Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thomas Jefferson's Monticello


"...all my wishes end, where I hope my days will end, at Monticello."
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787.

A World Heritage site, built on a mountaintop outside of Charlottesville, Virginia, the home of Thomas our 3rd President offers a commanding view. Jefferson designed every aspect of Monticello, constructed over a 40-year period. Touring it and the associated education center, we gained first-hand understanding of TJ (that's what we call him!) the man who drafted (among many things) the Declaration of Independence. Here's to: "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thomas Jefferson's place is spectacular, not to mention the gardens. I can tell you were im-
pressed.
We are all thrilled Sam will be joining us on LBI. Did you get my email?
Weather has cooled off, finally. It broke records in the mid nineties - not good.
See you a week from today!!!
Love, Mom/El/Grandma